January 5, 2014

Top Ten Blog Pages for 2013

All Things Quality's Top 10 for 2013


Aside from my home page, these were the top ten content pages for 2013.  They received the most visits according to Google Analytics:

People in Testing / What People are Writing
My pages of links to other testing-related blogs of interest and aggregation of people's most recent posts.
Please continue to send me links for sites that you think should be added - your site, or sites that you read. Thanks!

My Status Report Template
This is a spreadsheet template I use to communicate my an entire year's worth of status to my boss. I see that people find templates useful, and will try to post more this year.

QA and Testing Interview Questions (And Some Answers)
An oldie, but goodie. It's hard to be prepared for an interview.  I'm really happy if this list helps you.

Testing Terms Glossary
A list of terms in QA and Testing.  I originally started this many years ago so that I could copy and paste the definitions when people asked "What is...?"  I'm so happy that you find it useful.

Free Root Cause Analysis Template
When something gets released to Production which adversely affects a customer, we sometimes write up a formal Root Cause Analysis to send to the customer. It basically explains what happened, and how we intend to prevent it from happening again. This is a template for what we send.

25 Things About Me
You still like to read about me? Ok!

Free Sites For Practicing Your Web Testing
As the old joke goes: "How do you get to Carnegie Hall? Practice, Practice, Practice."
And how do you get to be a good Web Tester? Practice, Practice, Practice. These are some free web sites that might help.

QA Leader's Checklist
This is a checklist I wrote prior to moving to my current job. Since I tend to write a lot of lists, I wrote this a list of "things I need to learn, think about, ask about; people and groups I need to talk with". A few of these things are specific to my situation, but most apply to any QA Lead role.

Issue Tracking Template
People clearly like templates. I'm glad. I promise to post more of them.

What is the Correct Ratio of Development Time to Test Time?
An answer to the age-old question: What is the correct ratio of Development time to Test time?
Hint: One size does not fit all.


This article originally appeared in my blog: All Things Quality
My name is Joe Strazzere and I'm currently a Director of Quality Assurance.
I like to lead, to test, and occasionally to write about leading and testing.
Find me at http://AllThingsQuality.com/.

2 comments:

  1. My fav is - http://www.allthingsquality.com/2011/11/sites-for-practicing-your-web-testing.html

    keep coming back to it time and again. Thanks for posting it,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it, Tarun. I appreciate the feedback!

      Delete