November 2, 2011

All Things Quality in Hebrew!

An article about All Things Quality - in Hebrew!

In August of 2010, I was asked by Joel Montvelisky of PractiTest, if he could write about All Things Quality in a new magazine - ThinkTesting.

He explained that ThinkTesting was going to be published in Israel, would be in Hebrew, and was intended for local testers.  In each edition, Joel wanted to write a column recommending a blog, and he wanted my blog to be the first.  Of course I was honored, and quickly agreed. copyrightjoestrazzere

I hadn't heard back from Joel since then, so I figured it was just one of those many plans that seem like a good idea, but never get off the ground.

Recently, I was reviewing the analytics from my blog (something I do periodically) and saw a few visits from a referring site I hadn't seen before. It was from thinktesting.co.il, and when I followed the referral, I saw All Things Quality mentioned.  It took me a while to realize that this was the magazine that Joel had mentioned.

When I contacted Joel by email, he told me that the initial edition of the magazine had indeed been published in October 2010, had included this article, and that they were working on the 5th edition now.

Joel translated the relevant portion for me:   

The World is full of blogs, each of them with its own type of content and interest.  Today we want to start by pointing to a blog I've been following for a number of years, Joe Strazzere's blog (written ג’ו סטרזרה ), All Things Quality, located on http://strazzere.blogspot.com 
I got to learn about Joe's teaching from QAForums, where he is one of the forum's moderators, and also one of the people answering the largest number of questions.  One of his main traits is his ability to take complex questions and answer them in simple and very specific answers, providing some refreshing insights and solutions even to complex issues. 
In his blog, Joe provides some professional answers and examples for issues around the world of testing. 
I choose 3 examples out of his blog that show the simple way with which he can review complex professional topics...

Nice!  I can't wait to see the print version that Joel is sending me, so that I can show it off to my Jewish friends.

You can see the magazine issue yourself at: http://thinktesting.co.il/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/cover1.pdf

And you can visit the web site at: http://www.thinktesting.co.il/


This article originally appeared in my blog: All Things Quality
My name is Joe Strazzere and I'm currently a Director of Quality Assurance.
I like to lead, to test, and occasionally to write about leading and testing.
Find me at http://strazzere.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment