October 26, 2011

Perhaps They Should Have Tested More - Jaguar

Meow?


Jaguar is recalling certain X-Type cars, due to a software glitch affecting the cruise control system.
  • 17,678 cars recalled due to a software glitch
  • affects cars made between 2006 and 2010
  • error with certain interfacing systems copyrightjoestrazzere
  • cruise control cannot be disengaged in a normal manner
  • must turn off the ignition to disengage the cruise control function

What's that up there?  Is that a police car?  Yup, better disengage the cruise control and slow down a bit. Doesn't seem to be working!  Hmm...

Perhaps they should have tested more.

See also:

This article originally appeared in my blog: All Things Quality
My name is Joe Strazzere and I'm currently a Director of Quality Assurance.
I like to lead, to test, and occasionally to write about leading and testing.
Find me at http://strazzere.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment