October 12, 2011

Vegetable Garden Results 2011

Cucumbers - yum!

Over the (unseasonably warm) weekend, I harvested the last of my cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and herbs from my vegetable garden, and cleaned up the beds.

This year I had narrowed down the varieties of plantings, and was a bit more careful with their location. I was striving to produce veggies that really made a big difference when grow fresh, rather than those that were almost as good when purchased in a supermarket.

Just like last year, some of the plantings worked out really well - others, not so well. But the specifics were almost completely different from last year. Once again, all of the herbs flourished. But this year, the cucumbers were the big winner - both regular and pickling varieties were bountiful and delicious. And this year, in spite of my high hopes, the peppers yielded almost exactly nothing. A huge disappointment - I was really looking forward to a nice selection of hot peppers. copyrightjoestrazzere

Still, the garden was fun again and looked nice in the back yard.

That's it for this fall - we'll try again next Spring!

Successes
  • Cucumbers
  • Pickling Cucumbers
  • Curled Parsley
  • Basil
  • Rosemary
  • Lavender
  • Cherry Tomatoes
Mixed Results
  • Zucchini
  • Big Boy Tomatoes
Utter, Pathetic, Dismal Failures
  • Several varieties of hot peppers



This article originally appeared in my blog: All Things Quality

My name is Joe Strazzere and I'm currently a Director of Quality Assurance.
I like to lead, to test, and occasionally to write about leading and testing.
Find me at http://strazzere.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment