March 31, 2011

It's Not Rocket Science

Is It Rocket Science?

In my company, we are lucky enough to have a developer who used to be in the rocketry domain.  He's a good guy, and very smart.  But whenever I hear "It's not rocket science...", I have to think twice.

Most of what we as testers do isn't about breathtaking new accomplishments or scientific advances.  Most of what we do involves more practical, real-world thinking and hands-on work.

It's sometimes challenging, sometimes tedious, sometimes just plain roll-up-the-sleeves-and-dig-in hard work.

But usually it's not rocket science.

Unless you work in rocketry - in which case it might just be rocket science.


My name is Joe Strazzere and I'm currently a Director of Quality Assurance.
I like to lead, to test, and occasionally to write about leading and testing.
Find me at http://strazzere.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment