August 26, 2013

Free Trial Versions of Commercial Test Automation Tools

Trial Versions of Test Automation Tools


Many vendors of commercial test automation tools offer trial versions. In many cases, you are free to download them, and try to them out for a short period of time to learn if they meet your needs before purchasing. In other cases, you can contact the company, speak to a sales person, and get a free trial.

Here are links to some trials. If you know of others, send me a note and I'll add them:

Automated Test and ReTest (ATRT) Test Manager (TM)
http://idtus.com/contact/

Automation Anywhere

Badboy

EggPlant
HP Unified Functional Testing (formerly QuickTest Pro)

JTest

Oracle Application Testing Suite

PesterCat


QFS Test

Ranorex

Rational Functional Tester

Rational Robot

RoutineBot
SilkTest

SmarteScript

SpiraTest

Squish
TestComplete

Testomato
http://www.testomato.com/

TestPartner

Test Studio

Tricentis Testsuite

Verifaya

Visual Studio Test Professional

vTask Studio

vTest

WebTest

WinTask


This article originally appeared in my blog: All Things Quality
My name is Joe Strazzere and I'm currently a Director of Quality Assurance.
I like to lead, to test, and occasionally to write about leading and testing.
Find me at http://AllThingsQuality.com/.

6 comments:

  1. I actually ended up trying a number of these products using these trial versions. This really allowed me to kick the tires of a number of products when auditioning tools for my employer.

    When we chose the product that best fit our needs and budget (which happened to be Ranorex, and no, I don't work for them), we were able to confirm that Ranorex's functionality actually met and/or exceeded our critical requirements. Plus, they were incredibly helpful in helping me get everything working when I started the trial, and they extended our trial when illness on my part prevented me from finishing the initial trial on time.

    I also have to give a shout out to the folks at IDTUS (Innovative Defense Technologies), who make ATRT Test Manager. The company does offer free trials upon request, and they are very willing to help get the trial working. We figured out very quickly that ATRT wasn't going to work for us because of some unusual quirks in how my company does testing, but ATRT looks like it could be a powerful tool in the right environment, and ATRT definitely understands complex testing in a compliance setting, which was a key factor for my employer.

    I'm only posting as Anonymous for now because I'm looking for a new blogging home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific! And thanks for mentioning ATRT Test Manager - I added a link to their trial request page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, don't forget PureTest / PureLoad!

    Same anonymous blogger-in-transition

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joe,

    DevExpress has recently released TestCafe (http://testcafe.devexpress.com), a web testing framework.
    Please add it to your products list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Done! It looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete