August 29, 2010

A New Hobby - Kayaks


http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JDUXV22/?tag=allthingsqual-20




My wife and I have been trying out some new hobbies recently.

This weekend, we rented some kayaks and got a short lesson.  We liked them so much we went and bought our own recreational kayaks and tried them out on Silver Lake in Wilmington.

She got a "girlie" color - periwinkle blue, and of course I got the more "manly" flame combination!

It was a lot of fun, not too much work getting them on and off of the roof rack.  Once on the lake, it was very relaxing - a beautiful, sunny day with just a light breeze.  I think we're going to enjoy this one.


My name is Joe Strazzere and I'm currently a Director of Quality Assurance.
I like to lead, to test, and occasionally to write about leading and testing.
Find me at http://strazzere.blogspot.com/.

2 comments:

  1. My wife and I tried out a Hobie Cat while spending our 10-year anniversary at the Gulf. Well, it's like sailing on training wheels but lots of fun. The flames are a nice touch, but where do you put your 8-track player? *ducks*

    -- chad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hobie Cats look like a lot of fun, Chad.

    To answer your question: Obviously, the 8-track player goes in the rear storage hatch - along with my rotary telephone, transistor radio, and Polaroid Swinger camera.

    That way I don't accidentally kick them with my Chuck Taylor high tops.

    ReplyDelete