December 2, 2013

It's Casual December



We are gradually becoming all top-center folks
except when someone important shows up
then we revert to being bottom-lefters


The year is flying by, and yet another Dress Code shift at my company was announced recently. copyrightjoestrazzere

Every week we have Casual Fridays
Occasionally we have had Dress Down for Charity Weeks
During the past few summers, we had Casual Summers
Now we have Casual December

If I fork over 10 bucks for local charities, H.R. tells me that I'll be permitted to wear sneakers and jeans for the month of December. (Unless someone "important" makes an appearance in the office, in which case I'll need to revert to Smart temporarily.)

We are gradually approaching the day where, for $10 per month, every day will be casual, except for the two days per year when the top brass visit.

What's taking so long? And what can we do about those two days?


This article originally appeared in my blog: All Things Quality
My name is Joe Strazzere and I'm currently a Director of Quality Assurance.
I like to lead, to test, and occasionally to write about leading and testing.
Find me at http://AllThingsQuality.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment