September 28, 2010

Perhaps Amazon Defines "Nonfiction" Differently?

I like to read a lot.  And I tend to prefer non-fiction.  Since I order books through Amazon fairly often, their sophisticated systems have detected this, and occasionally send me emails with offers for more non-fiction books.

Today, I got this one:


Notice that "Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk: A Modest Bestiary" is the top title this week in Nonfiction.

From this, I suppose we must conclude one of the following:
  1. This "new collection of keen-eyed animal-themed tales" which starts off "The cat had a party to attend, and went to the baboon to get herself groomed." really did occur (or is occuring) somewhere in the world.
  2. Amazon has a unique and interesting definition for the word "Nonfiction".
  3. Someone messed up

Which of the above seems most likely to you?

And if you chose number 1 and have read the book, where do these talking animals all live?  I've got a few questions about testing I'd like to ask of both the Sickly Rat and the Healthy Rat, that might make for an interesting debate.


My name is Joe Strazzere and I'm currently a Director of Quality Assurance.
I like to lead, to test, and occasionally to write about leading and testing.
Find me at http://strazzere.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment