September 1, 2011

Imitation, Flattery and Copy Cats

Not exactly a Copy "Cat", but you get the idea


Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. 
- Charles Caleb Colton

Everything on this blog is meant to be shared. Read it, use it, quote from it, link to it, print it and pass it around - that's all good.

If you want to re-post it on your website, that's fine too! All I ask is that you include my name as the original author and a link to this blog. That's only fair, right? It certainly can't be too much to ask?

So when I see my words show up on someone else's site without my name or a link to my blog and passed off as someone else's work, I'm not thrilled.

If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, should I be flattered?

Are these folks Flatterers? Rip-off artists? Copy Cats?


This article originally appeared in my blog: All Things Quality
My name is Joe Strazzere and I'm currently a Director of Quality Assurance.
I like to lead, to test, and occasionally to write about leading and testing.
Find me at http://strazzere.blogspot.com/.

3 comments:

  1. Be flattered and then ignore it :) Or shame them like you have done ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sad to notice..almost all are Indian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just happened to stumble across these handful. I'm sure this has nothing to do with the country of the copier.

    ReplyDelete